Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, April 25, 2005

Have you ever been so tired and so scatterbrained that you didn’t realize until you were almost to work that you forgot your bra?

I did.

In fact, it was today, and I am sitting here at work right now braless.

I, as chest sizes go, need a bra. Fortunately it was cool out this morning and I decided to throw a sweatshirt on before we left the house. At least I have that - And that in itself makes me realize things could be worse…

But as I sit here typing this, I understand this to be the one day since the calendar declared it Spring, that my company decided to turn the heat back on. The radiator is screaming bloody hell, pumping barrels of heat into my tiny little office and blowing the papers off the bulletin board. Of course, the radiator no longer has no shut off valve because our company can’t be bothered with repairs, so now I shall open the window and allow it all to fly away.

Lunchtime is only 4 hours from now. At that time, I will run down to TJ Maxx and buy myself a new bra (of course it will by new, I wouldn’t buy a used one. Ever wonder why we say we're going to buy a new anything? Yeah well, different blog for a different time.) I am hoping they will just let me wear it out of the store - like a redneck normally would when shopping for underwear.

So last week I flung a tampon out of my purse while trying to purchase beer. It did a couple of somersaults in the air before it landed by someone’s foot. That was so nice. And today I forgot to completely dress myself.

It is an on going cruel, cruel joke played on me by the gods and they are laughing at me right now as I sweat in my sweatshirt. What, pray tell, is next?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi you! Okay:

1) You're lucky you need a bra. At least now, while you are still young. Some of us, in our most voluptuous moments only needed a nursing undershirt.

2)You may not be able to wrk at Jenorama.com. She requires clothing; maybe not ALL clothing.

3) If you check in today, you'll note that I have 4 gross of a certain size tampon (they're new, too) that you could have, assuming there's no relationship between bra size and well, you know.

4) Lovely to hear from you scatterbrain.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

You totally shouldn't have asked what will happen next.

And, yes, you can work here because you are not running around stark naked.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Marit said...

I have done that before too.

Another thing that sucks----putting mascara ON ONE EYE. Done that too.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Sp00kalot said...

Vicki - thanks for missing little old me :)

Jenorama - thanks for reminding me about being completely naked because that's what I was thinking of doing next.

Fullofit - thanks for doing that too. Makes me feel better. To show my gratitude, I will come to work tomorrow with one eye done.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Sp00kalot said...

Oh and by the way, I am now with bra, thank you very much. TJMaxx was kind enough to have one in my size. A black one, too!

1:51 PM  
Blogger KinnicChick said...

Made me laugh out loud. Doesn't happen often when reading blogs, but the whole tampon somersaulting through the air thing? Yeah. Had I been drinking I probably would have spewed it on my keyboard. Because I can so see myself doing the same thing. Forgetting a bra? Not so much. But somersaulting tampons? Oh yeah.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's pretty funny...I have forgotten my contacts but never my undergarments. That tampon story reminds me of a story I heard about a woman who kept sanitary napkins in her glove box. Well, one day she gets a bloody nose while driving and having nothing else, she uses the sanitary pad to stave it off while she's driving. She gets to the garage where she was on her way to drop off her car and puts it into the ash tray while she goes in to drop off the keys. Imagine the look on the face of the mechanic who drove it into the bay!!! Priceless.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Sp00kalot said...

Well now maybe we should do a tribute to tampon stories. Seems everyone has one to tell!

8:58 AM  
Blogger KinnicChick said...

yah, like the time my hubby joked how he found the little dead mouse (tail and all, of course) floating in the pool of blood in the toilet one morning because I hadn't remembered to flush in the middle of the night, have asleep as I was... dork.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Sp00kalot said...

Okay. So I think we can all agree that the only way a tampon story can be told without making people get the EWWW face is to make sure the tampon was still in the wrapper. Like mine was.

Or at the very least, to make sure the applicator was still on. Like mine was. When I first learned how to insert it. That was about the time I learned what not to do too.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>