Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

QUICK BLOG... NEED... TO... VENNTTT....

I have to let some steam off, or rather blog some steam off. It has to do with some people I work with.

Its not so much the nice people around here that just get on my nerves once in a while, like the Puerto Rican woman I share my office with that has trouble with certain English words and even more so, English expressions.

Like when she tells me she has had it with her boyfriend’s mother and is "cleaning her herself" of the whole thing. Or when she made the mistake of telling her friend a secret she wasn’t supposed to, she “got her leg stuck” instead of sticking her foot in her mouth… Or when she got back from the foot doctor to find out she has “fractured her foot in her bone sperm”, or when she tells me “I’m a person.” instead of “I’m a person who…”, or when she tells me her boyfriend has “Diabete” and she is trying to buy him healthy foods that have low sugar in them, like Fritos…

Or when she said she felt like she had a cyst coming up on her forehead so she was going home to put Vicks Vapor Rub on it...

...don't ask...

Vicks is her wonder drug. She thinks it will cure my eczema. The thought of putting Vicks of eczema is nauseating.

Nope, that's not what's bothering me today. And to surprise any of you who know my boss, its not even Butch who's bothering me today.

(Butch, Operation's Manager, a.k.a. Son of the president, a.k.a Jackass son who walked into his nice new office complete with leather chair and a $1000 a week paycheck as operation's manager, who bankrupted his last 2 companies, and has never managed a gun business before... You'll hear more about him when I have a good hour to blog and a lot of patience, maybe even a stiff drink by my side.)

It’s the front office manager, of whom I do not work for - nor does my assistant. She, as well as the whole front office, is convinced that MY assistant works for them. He is only supposed to take orders for the office IF he has nothing else to do. First and foremost, he is to do whatever I tell him to do.

So just a minute ago I was just talking about the advertisement that my assistant is helping me with, when the office manager said in her cutesy-baby voice,

"Buttt, that isn’t his job."

I just looked at her. Did she just say that my assistant’s job was not to help me?

Me) Yes, it is.

Her) Nooo. It’s not.

Me) Umm. Yes, it is.

I sooo didn’t want to say this next thing, but I had to:

“Butch said so.”

I felt like a little kid.

She said, “His job is to take orders.”

I said, “No, he works for me. If he has nothing to do, then he takes orders.

She gave me the look. That snotty holy-than-thou look, the 'I’m the office manager, you are the head of the computer department - don't mess with me' look. She shook her and looked down at her desk and SNEEEERED.

I wanted to say I saw that! But instead, I saw myself walking up to her and cracking her one in the head. Quick day dream, okay snap back.

I tried to stand there all cool and everything, but I could feel my face getting hotter and hotter. I looked at the other 3 people in the room and they got all quiet, pretending to be busy with something, but I knew they were all waiting to hear the next comment come out of one of our mouths.

I also knew that as soon as I walked out of there they would all talk about me. Funny how the front office has 15 people to answer 10 lines and take orders, but I have not a single soul except my assistant to run the entire computer department AND the website AND the advertising department, and no one seems to understand this.

She didn’t say anything else, so I took this as a victory. I'd won the battle but the war is not over.

Till next time, my dear. You’ll see, I will have my assistant and he will do what I tell him to, not you.

This is pissing me off today. Had to blog. Might not be too interesting, but at least I feel better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>