Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Abi, I did it!

I GOT MY CAMERA!!!!!!!

At 6:00pm yesterday evening, I came home with my very first digital. And it isn't just any digital. It is the amazing Canon D20!!

I saved for an entire year for it and now it's mine. It's no longer a picture on the monitor, or a print out on my desk, or an image in my brain. It's real, it's in my hands now, and it's mine. All. Mine.

I have a lot A LOT of reading and learning to do and may even throw myself into one of the 3-hour classes offered by the camera shop specifically for Canon cameras. Last night I started reading the manual and about an hour later I finally got to 'how to take a picture'. I wish there was a way to hook a cable up and just suck all the information out of the book into my brain. That would kick ass. But alas, it is not so. All the others had to learn from experience, and so will I. The capability of this little guy is, simply put, just too impressive and will take me a lifetime to master - but I will. Mark my words.

Now we're cookin folks. This is a great day for me. This is the piece of professional equipment that marks a new beginning for me. The amount of information that I will learn from the D20 and all the photo software it came with will set me on my way to a promising future in... something. Not to mention all the money I will save by not having to buy film or film developing; this digital will pay for itself soon enough...

I will still, however, never give up nor will I stop using my 35mm as I lurve it so. Oh dear Rebel, you are not forgotten. But when I found out Art Wolfe finally went digital, I knew it was safe for me to follow.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have a Canon digital - no where near the bells and whistles yours has but I absolutely LOVE it.

BTW, I was watching "Ghost Hunters" on SciFi last night and was thinking of you. How's tricks?

9:30 AM  
Blogger Sp00kalot said...

I ALWAYS watch Ghost Hunters!!!!! I love that show! I saw it last
night too - spoooky stuff. Too bad there wasnt any hard core evidence.
I like the EVPs and video the best. The temperature readings are not solid enough for me, unless it drops like 20 degrees for no reason.

I'm so excited about my camera! I think I must quit my job now so I
can go learn how to use it. Glad to see your a Canonite like me :)

12:18 PM  
Blogger Sp00kalot said...

Thanks Ab!! I'm sure I will be annoying you with questions. I spent the whole day looking at Art Wolfe's photos and wondering what he did or used to get such masterpieces. He too, is a Canonite!

9:20 PM  
Blogger KinnicChick said...

Looking forward to seeing many fabulous photos coming from that new camera! Are you learning fabulous things???

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>